||Discover the Possibilities
||Members by Region
Financial•Options to diversify and make some additional income by starting a rural tourism business
Recognized Standards• Belong to an organization with accommodation Standards designed for rural businesses, not hotels and motels
•Members are permitted by the Province to serve all three, home-cooked meals per day to their guests.
* Members are eligible to access Road Signs through Manitoba Highways.
Social• Meet new people and make new friends
• Share your life-style with urban people so they can better understand the limitations of our resource-based rural livelihoods
Promote Your Rural Business• Unlimited listing categories in the MCVA Website's comprehensive rural tourism product directory
• Personal Website page on the MCVA Website
• MCVA Rack card which has links and a QR code to our website:
◦ Mailed by MCVA, in response to enquiries
◦ Mailed in information kits by Travel Manitoba
◦ Distributed to Tourism Information Centres throughout Manitoba
◦ Distributed at public events in Manitoba
• Listing in the Travel Manitoba Travel Guides
• Listings in the Travel Manitoba Website
• Be represented at Trade Shows in Manitoba
• Opportunities to be included in new MCVA promotional programs
Peer Support• Opportunities to meet and learn from your peers
Networking• Opportunities to meet other tourism businesses and develop collaborative packages or establish other mutually beneficial relationships
Keep Informed• Notifications of workshops and conferences
• Notifications of events where you can promote your business
Protect Your Interests by being part of an organization that:• Speaks on behalf of the interests of its members, the small rural tourism businesses
• Promotes rural tourism business development
• Promotes the sustainability of rural Manitoba.
Membership Information and Application Form
Application forms must be mailed to:
Please enclose $50.00 application fee with your application. Do not send cash. Make cheque or money order payable to Manitoba Country Vacations Association.
First time membership payable at the time your application has been accepted is $125.00.
The subsequent years membership payment will be $125.00.
MCVA Membership Application Kit
Below are the links to the application form and the two documents regarding the standards with which MCVA Members must abide.
MCVA Application Form -this form can be filled in on your computer and then printed out for mailing
These PDF format documents requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free download version is available here.
MCVA Application form- This form can be filled out on your computer and then printed out for mailing
In addition to the annual membership fee, members are required to annually submit proof of liability insurance and water tests for safe drinking water, and fill out and submit a self inspection check list.
Water Testing Kits can be obtain from:
ALS Laboratory Group
Unit 12 - 1329 Niakwa Road East
Winnipeg, Mb. R2J 3T4
Ph. (204) 255 9720
Fax. (204) 255 9721
toll free 1 800 607 7555